Getting to Bourton-on-the-Water
is no longer served by any train service.
However, Great Western trains do run from
· Link Buses: all trains at both stations are met by a bus service to Bourton-on-the-Water (I believe!). This certainly appears to be the case for Moreton – see http://www.the-cotswolds.org/top/english/transport/sample.html.
Coach/Bus Services: National Express bus company provides
a service from London Heathrow airport (for example) to Cirencester,
· Taxis: also operate from and between the various towns around Bourton, including train stations.
Transport Around Bourton-on-the-Water
· General information: see http://www.carlberry.co.uk/rfnshowl.asp?L1=BOU002.
· Coach services: Bourton is served by a couple of coach/bus services: Pulham’s Travel (based in Bourton), Beaumont Travel and The Villager Commuter Bus (see http://www.carlberry.co.uk/rfnlistr.asp?L3=BOU002).
· Pulham’s: see http://www.pulhamscoaches.com/.
· Villager Commuter Bus: see http://www.carlberry.co.uk/rfnshowr.asp?RN=GLV21A.
· Map of Cotswold Region: see http://www.the-cotswolds.org/top/english/map/cotswolds_map.html.
Getting to Cotswold Region from
· Multiple transport options: see http://www.travelinesw.com/.
· Exploring the Cotswolds: see http://www.countrygoer.org/cotswolds/North.pdf.
· Frommer’s Guide to Bourton: see http://www.frommers.com/destinations/bourton-on-the-water/ (includes details on planning a trip with public transport).
Return to the main Nook page by following this link: http://www.alex-reid.com/Nook/index.htm
Updated: TAR 22-Nov-05